Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What Will You Be Doing for Valentine's Day?

Drinking wine, eating cheese with candles aglow while sitting by a roaring fire?

Or having a nice private dinner for two?
Image here & above from Victoria Magazine




or

Admiring your beautiful roses that your sweetheart got you?
Images from Martha Stewart


Or making a nice chocolate fondue... like this one, from Carolyne Roehm.
I'm dying to try this recipe!
.
For me, this coming Sunday the Hubby and I will be having pizza at our favorite pizzeria. In Charleston it was Andolini's. In Nashville it was Mafiosa's. Here in Atlanta it's Felini's.
.
Please don't get me wrong about Hubby. He's really not that mean. He would buy me a piece of jewelry or even take me to a nice restaurant of my choice. However, a couple of glasses of red wine, a nice pizza, perhaps a box of chocolate that we can pick over and I'm pretty happy. I know, I'm one of the few women, just not into jewelry and as for the roses well.. I did scream at him one time for bringing me long stem roses. Needless to say, he has not came home with them ever since. Why, would I scream at such at such a nice gesture, you ask? Let's just say it had to do with my old job description of selling rose bowls and chopping up roses to display them...see The Quintessential English Rose Bowl .

FYI - Hubby did make the Red Velvet cupcakes using the Country Living Magazine recipe, I'm taking them to work in the morning...fingers crossed! In case you're in the mood, it's not too late I did find another recipe for Red Velvet cupcakes with Pinch My Salt. Also, Pinch My Salt pointed out a nice article on Red Velvet Cupcakes from the New York Times just in case your interested. WHO knew?


Your turn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Your plans sound like fun! I hope you have a great time. As for my plans, would you believe that my in-laws will be in town visiting us this weekend? Ugh...

Lisa D. said...

Hi Heather:

Hope you have a nice Valentine's day. Also, wanted to let you know that I do have some thoughts on your bookcases & I'll try to send you some pictures next week.

Have a great day?

coleen~ said...

You DID get him to make those for you!! That alone was a great pre-Valentine's day gift!
My Sweetie is in Daytona for the race; I'll be glued to the Olympics. Enjoy your time together!

coleen~ said...

Did you see the heart rolls over at pinch my salt? I thought of you!