Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Quintessential English Rose Bowl


The trick-or-treaters have not even arrived yet and like always Christmas stuff is everywhere! So in case any of you are out shopping and are in need of a few gifts, I thought I would talk about one item that I use to stock, English rose bowls.

For those of you who are not familiar with an English rose bowl -- the best way to explain is that they’re perfect for those of us who don’t have a lot of time on our hands to do flower arranging, Basically you don’t have to be a florist to have your roses looking nice. Actually, you can use anything with a stem. The women in Savannah love them for their camillias! The bowls come in mini, medium, large and jumbo (sorry, my mother-in-law has my jumbo).






Mini - perfect for individual place settings!







Medium English Rose Bowl





Large rose bowl in the midddle


I just received a phone call from a nice lady who used to buy them from me and she was looking for one for her friend’s 60th birthday. Her comment was “what do you buy for someone who has everything and loves flowers”. I agree, and it is from England! I did think about cloning them but discovered reproducing metal in China was huge for a small businessperson like me. Plus, I found that another company was already reproducing them (such is life).






Rose Bowl I almost cloned!



If you’re not planning a trip across the pond, here are a few stores that I have been into lately who currently have the vintage English Rose bowls.


The Belle Meade Shoppes -5133 Harding Road, Nashville, 615-356-3313.


Interiors Market -55 Bennett St. #20, Atlanta.


Josephines's - 3005 Old Alabama Road, Suite 210 Alpharetta, GA. 770-619-0945.



I'll keep you posted as I find more!

2 comments:

cotedetexas said...

Hi, we DO have exactly the same taste!!! Love your blog, keep it up!

Joni

Lisa D. said...

Thank You!