Friday, November 13, 2009

'De- Mauve-ing' The Fireplace!

My old Limestone fireplace


One thing, that I have stuck on Hubby's to do list this weekend (before his precious little Saints play on Sunday) is to de-mauve our fireplace! I can't take it any more. I got really tired of de-mauveing (see Bye Bye Mauve) every nook and cranny and ran out of energy once I got to the fireplace. This morning, I was just thinking about our old limestone fireplace in Nashville and how I miss it!





I had to add this... I've always admired this pretty cozy room by Joe Minton! I wish had more time to add a few more fireplaces but I'm afraid I have to get back to work!

My old limestone fireplace - the wood I believe came from Sandy's Hackberry tree (see Loving Cowtan & Tout), and was just for show! As I always say, you can't have everything...my new mauve fireplace works! Next week - Sprucing Up the Dining Room, Thanksgiving Table Settings and Oyster Mosca! Later!

4 comments:

GrannySmithGreen said...

Where have I been! I do so love your post and admire them so very much. Thank you for continuing to post such inspiring pictures. The fireplaces are just wonderful. How I'd love to just smell the wood burning now!

cotedetexas said...

that is a gorgeous fireplace - I don't blame you, I would miss that too!!!!! i'm sure you will de=mauve yours quite nicely - can't wait to see the results!!!

thanks for the visit!
Joni

Lisa D. said...

Hi Granny:

Very nice to hear from you! Can you believe some people paint limestone? I met one lady who had just renovated a English Tudor house & she told me it took her forever to get the paint off. Of course, the fireplace was the best part of the house! That was the nice thing about our 1930's cottage in Nashville our old limestone fireplace!

Anonymous said...

Wake up sleepy head, time for Santa. We need some Christmas inspiration here!!!!
Martha