Thursday, December 17, 2009

Southern Inspirations: Gift Guide For The Foodies Like Me!


As I said earlier this week, I'm defiantly attempting to make candy cane bark (see Experimenting With Candy Bark) to pass out at our office party this coming Monday. I've also been eyeing this chocolate nut bark from Real Simple...Yumm! Which looks mighty good as well! Click here for the recipe from Real Simple.


Earlier this years, I wrote Recession Proof Chees Straws - recipe was from Julia Reed's Ham Biscuits, Hostess Gowns & other Southern Specialties. Basically it was me complaining how expensive cheese straws can be when you buy them in nice tins which I'm always tempted to do! Hubby and I will be having a few people over, and I love to to serve cheese straws with wine, but they make great food gifts as well...just a thought. I Just found this recipe from the Lee Bros. via Southern Living (click here for their recipe for cheese Straws Lee Bros. Cheese Straws).


I'm currently finishing up Garlic and Sapphires , which I would highly recommend as a stocking stuffer for your favorite foodie! I'm dying to try her Gougeres!


Lastly, just a few weeks ago a reader reminded me of Bon Appetit, Y'all. I've reviewed it while hanging out at the book store (which is where I mostly am while not at work) and I love it. It's on my wish list...Do you here that Santa? Love the cover too!

Next week, I'm exploring my first attempt at Standing Rib Roast from Julia's Joy of Cooking!

No comments: