Thursday, August 7, 2008

Going On A Picnic!

Image Courtesy of Food Network
Receipe from Giada de Laurentis
Everyday Italian

This past weekend, my mother-in-law made Penne with Beef Arugula for an evening picnic that, unfortunately, was rained out! Although it did not actually rain, and lord knows they need it there in Atlanta, it was pretty dark and scary-looking nonetheless. So we went out for dinner instead. Go figure, every time you plan an outdoor activity and go to a little trouble, it decides to rain, or at least threaten to anyway, and destroy your plans. Anyway, she went to a lot of trouble, and, trust me on this, she actually "retired" from cooking a long, long, long time ago. She has even warned me, “No more cook books ever”! So I’m thinking she must of really like this recipe or it would have been potato salad from Publix. The good news is that she insisted on loading the hubby and me up. You know what, it’s pretty good!






























2 comments:

GrannySmithGreen said...

You know, if I don't have to cook it, or clean it up, I usually like it! Too bad you couldn't experience it the way she planned. I'm sure it would have been fun.

Lisa D. said...

Maybe next time!