Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Arriving at Dogwood Living!

It wasn't until this past fall, while cleaning out drawers and such, that I came across some of my old business cards from my antiquing days. Many were old business acquaintances—from vendors who I would buy from, to innkeepers in the English countryside. One old business card instantly put a smile on my face. It was from a taxi cab driver named Babs. She had befriended me and my good friend Brandon. I even found the little pom poms that she had made for our luggage that day, right along with several other memories, all just thrown in a drawer. Naturally, with life, everything just got thrown by the wayside for years. In this case, these were in my old beat-up English secretary that you can't even open!

So a few weeks ago, one early Saturday morning while organizing some pictures, it finally occurred to me that it was time to get organized, and to get into the 21st century. I arrived at the decision to stop blogging incognito, jump on Pinterest, and perhaps send out a few tweets here and there.
 
Now the tricky part, the name! Of course something southern came to my mind. Southern Chic, Southern Charm, Southern Flair...no not me at all. Then came magnolia...synonymous with the south. Magnolia Living, Magnolia Lifestyles, you name it, it was taken. I even found a Magnolia.com located in Germany! And you know what, I don’t even have a magnolia tree. Forget magnolias...who needs 'em! 
 
I googled every Southern flower, tree, plant and finally arrived at dogwood. Dogwood Living - which more describe my lifestyle – southern, simple and I think pretty easy-going if I do say so myself. And it's awakening now...just like I am!
 

 
 
 
 
Lisa Mule'
www.dogwood.com

No comments: