Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Classic Fisherman Cable-Knit Sweater!



Grace Kelly via Habitually Chic.  Love!!

I'm always a day late and a dollar short. Last year, the classic ivory cable-knit fisherman sweater was all the rave!  I've been obsessing over them since early Fall,  when I read this great post over at Habitually Chic, but I just never got around to getting one.  Now I do have one, but I don't really like it, so I'm not counting it.  In fact, I had it on the other day, but I was desperate and I want to step it up a notch.  

Just in case your wondering, why is it April and everyone else is shopping for Spring and Summer and I'm not? Well, this is why. Hubby and I finally booked our trip to Montreal and Quebec City. We leave in the middle of  May, and I've been warned to dress warm!  So here's my chance to finally grab that fisherman staple that I've been wanting.



Marina Rust pic via Vogue. Love it!!

Since I can only focus on a few things at once, my visions of tunics, white jeans and espadrilles will just  have to wait until I get back. Here are a few that I've rounded up, just in case your holiday takes you somewhere cold too, or you want to grab a classic staple at a really good price. Over at Brooks Brothers I found three: a shawl collar wool cable knit sweater, a long sleeve Aran cable knit turtleneck, and the V-neck cable knit Saxxon sweater. And just this afternoon I stepped out of my office and placed an order for two of them. So perhaps, being a day late sometime pays off, at least it did in this case.  

Also, found this one at L.L. Bean in the men's department. I loved it. Great price, but I'm petite, and I thought that it would be a little to big.  I should have checked the boys department.  Anyway, it's time  for me to move on so I can cross a few other things off my list. 

Here's another great post here that I found while searching for the fisherman.

1 comment:

Cable Knit Sweater said...

I'm always a day late and a dollar short. Last year, the classic ivory cable-knit fisherman sweater was all the rave! I've been obsessing over ... acableknitsweater.blogspot.com