Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Monogram It--Hmmm!

Image via Southern Accents



I would like to have a few things Monogrammed--let's see, starting, for instance, with my new towels that I bought several months ago, but have yet to take them in to be done. The fact is, I'm torn--should I do a single monogram script, or a three-letter traditional script, or a deco-style script. I can't decide! So now, I'm going through all my tear sheets to see what I have with monograms --starting with the one below!






I do like the single script!
Image via Veranda September 2007
Photo by Roger Davies..

Also, I would like to do a few throw pillows for our front porch swing!



This may work! Image via Victoria March 2001.

And if you read my Decorating Dilemmas you would have seen my French chairs that desperately need to be redone-I can't take the 1940's wine velvet much longer! So here's what I'm thinking on what I may do with them.


I love this slipcover! Image Via Southern Accents March/April 2008 isssue
Photo by Erica George Dines.



Or perhaps I can put the monogram on the back of the chair.
Image via Cottage Living September 2007 -
Photo by Roger Davies..

Hmmm! I will keep searching; and you should, if you haven't already, check out The Monogram Shop ! I read their story several years ago via Martha Stewart, and the whole time I was thinking I would love to have s shop just like that one day! As a present, I always like to give cocktail napkins with the persons's home address.

2 comments:

GrannySmithGreen said...

I adore your blog. You've got such a great sense of style. I really like the slip covered chair. For a little blog fun, if you have time, I have tagged you. Please visit my blog http://grannysmithgreen.blogspot.com for the details. Thanks and keep up the great writing!

GrannySmithGreen said...

It's GSG again, got a request...Do you have any images of English kitchens or English inspired kitchens? Our taste seem to coordinate and thought you'd be just the person to ask. Thanks again for the great blog.
http://grannysmithgreen.blogspot.com/