Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Brooke Shields New York Townhouse


After yesterday's  post  - Brooke finding zen at the Container Store, pretty boxes and steamer trunks got me thinking of Brooke's beautiful New York townhome that was featured in March 2012 issue of Architectural Digest.  I've long admired Brooke Shields from her days as Suddenly Susan, to her many Broadway stints...even read her book "Down Came the Rain".  It left me with the impression that she certainly seems like a real person. Last year while poking around in an antique store, I stumbled upon an Architectural Digest which, believe it or not, I normaly don't buy. They sent me a deal I couldn't resist! When I picked A/D up at first, I didn't receongize it was Brooke Shields (who looked great, by the way, on the cover). So while I glanced through her New York townhome I knew I had to grab it.

Just a few weeks ago while browsing through my many magazines -  it's what I do on my Sunday morning - I had to revist Brooke's home.  I love many things but especaily the traditional mixed with the modernism.  To see all the pics go here.  Here are a few of my favorites.



The walls are painted in Benjamin Moore's Chelsea Gray.  Normally I would be scared to go that dark but I  love it...very dramatic!   I love the symmetry of the room, the contrast of the paint with the beautiful molding.  Love that they covered the Louis XVI  chairs  in a light fabric. Love the Lucite table.  Hey, I even have that jute rug.   I bet this is where she goes for a night cap after one of her plays...I know I would!!







Love the traditional  English sideboard with the modern lamps. Can't forget the Zuber wallpaper!!




I love how she carved out a little nook for her own personal study.  Love the  beautiful molding, the natural light and French doors of course!



Brooke's Master suite and bathroom. - Love it!






Her Hubby gave her the Louis Vuitton trunk as a gift.  On a side note, my buddy Cruella and I were out antiquing a couple of weeks ago and came across one.   I made a comment to the sales assistant (as if I could buy it) and she said it was 12,000.00 and  pointed out that it was from England.  She commented that the price depends on were it was made, France or England. All in all...love Brooke's New York  home!  I just wish they would of shown a few pics of her little girl's playroom that she said was on the top floor..perhaps next time!

No comments: