Friday, September 4, 2009

A Day At The Vineyard!




Hubby and I are spending the weekend at the vineyards--yea! The nice thing is that we don't have to hop on a plane to do so! Nope, were staying right here in north Georgia and zooming up Highway 400. This is a little something that we discovered upon our return to the ATL. We did tastings over Memorial day weekend and only had a chance to visit three of the nearby vineyards. However, there are several more up in that area.

One of the vineyards that we did visit was Frogtown Cellars. I simply felt like I was transported back to Napa & Sonoma Valleys. So Hubby and I are heading up this weekend to find a few vineyards that we missed last time.

The nice thing is that the Hubby just got a GPS from his parents for his birthday so we would not have to borrow theirs anymore. However, GERTRUDE, which was the name Hubby and I gave their GPS, stays with the in-laws. We need to name ours before we get her out this weekend! I told this to Gwen (from work) yesterday and she told me hers is named KATE. Which I like but I can't steal her name. Any suggestions?




Georgia Wineries--I highly recommend it! A nice way to spend the day and you don't have to leave the South!


Reporting from the South. Have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend!




Southern Inspirations

No comments: