Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Who Likes Blue Willow?

Image from Victoria


For the last year and a half, I've been on a huge blue and white mission. This past spring, my buddy Cruella had me over for a little ladies lunch (basically a gourmet salad), and she served it on Blue Willow. She's aways been a big fan of Blue Willow, she said that she had bought her everyday ware several years ago. She also shared with me the history (from China to England) and the romantic love story behind it. During our lunch that day while sipping our coffee in Blue Willow cups and saucers, I expressed to Cruella that I would love to have a collection of it someday, even if it was just a few pieces to serve desert on or to mix with my All White Collection. Now, I do have different Staffordshire patterns in plates and platters; a few in blue, a couple in red, a beautiful pearl ware platter in brown (some of it I have hanging). So in all honestly, I need Blue Willow like a hole in the head... but hey!



Look at Julia's table! Blue Willow - I noticed it while taking in the movie and made a few purchases afterwards!

Now that I'm in the process of doing my breakfast room, I thought it would be nice to incorporate a little Blue Willow. Now I don't really have to hang the blue Willow - I just thought it would be a nice accent color with the golden yellow slipcovers that Youg Li already did!




Reintroduced it!
What do you collect?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Blue Willow!!!!!! I can't get enough of it. I hope it stays around for a long time. I love Transferwear of any color. You can put it with so many things.
Can't wait to see your breakfast room I know it will look stunning!

Martha

Lisa D. said...

Thanks Martha! As soon as I can find my camera I'll take some picutres.