Thursday, January 28, 2010

Closet Envy Anyone?



I'm digging this groovy chair of Windsor Smith's
from House Beautiful ...I can see everything!

Getting my closet well-organized and pretty has been pretty high on my list of things to do this month. Admittedly, I haven't gotten that far. This past Monday, I did manage to swing by the Container Store for a few ceder hangers, which I know are a little bit more expensive then the bamboo or the plastic ones, but I like the smell of them. Is that weird? Anyway, my closet is roughly 12 by 12 square, the wire shelves were already there. Not my choice, but I did not have a say, and they work for now. No, I've not painted or wallpapered or added a chandelier (you'll see)! First things first...organizing! Though I've already done a lot of pitching, especially over the last eight years due to all the moving around that Hubby and I do. But hey, I still see a few things floating around in my closet that made it through my last pitching session from Nashville. Good by circa 1996 suits!


If I had Aerin Lauder's closet I would have died and gone to heaven! I would just add a round tufted stool to sit and linger while I'm drinking my morning coffee debating what I'm going to wear that day. Perhaps take a door or two off so I could see everything.

For me, I like to be able to see everything--jackets, sweaters, jeans, shoes, scarves. I've found that if it is tucked away I tend to forget about it. Plus, I hate getting into my old 1940's annoying English chest that Hubby has taken over. Also, what makes things a little easier and manageable is I keep my summer clothes in the guest room (talk about that later). Additionally one of my pet peeves is that I like my sweaters color-coded and my shoes stacked in clear boxes. Who knows, maybe I'll get around to wallpapering it and adding a small chandelier and a cute stool so I don't have to scream for Hubby to pull down my purses. You know, it's not even February yet...I think that I have a little time!



A closet much more attainable...I would take it in a heartbeat!

But for now I have this! Come on now, I've not only told you, but shown you, my messy ugly closet. Closet envy... anyone?




3 comments:

Kathysue said...

Hi, I think your closet looks very nice and organized. You could put wallpaper in there and totally get the look you want. I did a redo of my closet last year. Painted it a pretty color and added some pretty covered boxes. I always have closet envy also, so don't feel bad. Thank you for coming by my new blog, I am so glad you enjoyed it, hope to see you there again, Kathysue

Lisa D. said...

Hi Kathsue:

I spent all this morning while at work, no doubt, playing catching up...loved all your post! I may just have to try Mr. Clean lavender...I can smell it now! OK, I better get back to work. Thanks for stopping by my blog as well.

Heather said...

Your closet looks great! I need to clean out some stuff. I have a number of things that are too small. :(