Thursday, January 14, 2010

"Southern Happenings"

This past fall, I wrote how I wanted to organize my blog a little (see Best Tomato Pie Ever). It looked a little something quite like this:

Monday - “Kicking the Week off Right & Getting Organized”
Tuesday – “Down with Some Serious Decorating”
Wednesday -“Girl Stuff”
Thursday - "Happenings Around the South"
Friday - “Recipes & Entertaining Day”

So here it goes, today is Thursday "Southern Happenings". Mark your calender for the 2010 Southeastern Flower Show here in Atlanta, February 4Th - 6Th. And I was just talking to one of our docents yesterday, who also happens to be on the flower show committee, and she told me P. Allen Smith would be speaking. I myself would love to hear him speak, it seems every time I hear his name lately I think of his library. It sparks my interest because I'm a huge book lover myself! Also, my good friend Jill will be there (www.Houseaboutit.com) and I told her I would go see her.


P.Allen Smith's Library

Up Next, Antiques and Garden Show of Nashville February 11Th -13Th . And of course, the year I'm not there they are having Michael Smith, one of my favorite designers (see Loving Michael Smith). Perhaps I could stay with my old Bohemia neighbor Sandy...Who knows? Make note: If you go the first day you may even run into Faith (Hill)!

After all this gardening talk, maybe, I'll make one day "In the Garden Day" So what you think?

Tomorrow "What's Your Favorite Comfort Food"

No comments: