Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Taste of Summer!



Last week, while on my way out the door I caught the tail end of NPR's contest... A Taste of Summer.  The contest was for everyone to send in their favorite summer recipes.  I did not have a chance to hear all the recipes but I was thinking  to myself how fun! And this is what came to my mind...Black Bean Salad.  A few years ago a good friend of mine made this and I had to have the recipe.  Since then, I've made it several times and it is always a big hit.  Here you go! 

Black Bean Salad

Serves: 12  
Ingredients:
 
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
8 green onions, chopped
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
1 (4 ounce) jar pimentos
3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime, juiced
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

Directions:
 
1. In a large bowl, combine the black beans, corn, green onions, jalapeno peppers, bell pepper, avocado, pimentos, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, and Italian dressing. Season with garlic salt. Toss, and chill until serving.
 
So come on tell me... what are a few of your Tastes of Summer?

No comments: