Sunday, July 7, 2013

Chalkboard Paint...Gotta Have It!


Monday "Getting Organized"
 
Here in Atlanta we have had nothing but rain, rain, and rain!  For little Ellie, it's been very boring.  She jut sits in her chipmunk-stalking room and gazes out the window wainting for the little chipmunks to come out of their holes.   The good news is she did get to see a  mommy deer and a baby fawn run through her front yard the other day.  Very exciting for her.  For me, with the rain, it's been non-stop HGTV, and I was forced to finally pick paint colors for my office, Hubby's office, and the guest room. Didn't actually make it to Home Depot for the paint but at least I know the colors that I'm going with.  For Hubby, because of the  rain,  he got out of a boat load of yard work...so he is a happy camper.  

Anyway, I cannot begin to tell you how much I love chalkboard paint!  Love it, Love it, Love it! 

Here House & Home's Suzanne Dimma painted a nice size wall in her kitchen.  I thought about this.





And here, I  thought about painting my pantry like what you see below.  Great for writing your grocery list and such.  Somehow or another, I was using chalkboard paint! 



I even thought about doing a weekly calender like this. Great for organizing your busy weekly schedule. I strayed from this because of the taping involved.  I don't think after striping our dining room we would have the patience for this project.


 
 
What I ended up doing was just painting a wall out in my mud room that I had Frank install to hide the ugly hot water heater. And no, I don't have a five year old.  But you know what?  You don't have to be in grade school to want draw on a chalkboard!
 
 

No comments: