Monday, August 10, 2009

I'll Miss You Southern Accents!

I was deeply shocked this past Thursday evening when reading Granny's blog that Southern Accents was closing it's doors. Friday morning while sipping on my coffee I noticed that Joni from Cote de Texas had posted one of my all-time favorite covers from Southern Accents--word was out! One would not have to read very much of my blog to realize how Southern Accents has deeply inspired me over these years. In fact, my good pal Cruella has given me Southern Accents for the last six years as a Christmas gift! Late last fall , when the Hubby and I were packing up our house in Nashville, I didn't want to tote around years of Domino, Cottage Living, Martha Stewart, Veranda, Victoria, Country Living, a few Traditional Homes and Southern Accents. Well--few had to go and it was time to make a decision on on which collections that I would be keeping! Guess which ones I chose? And I'm very glad I did! My movers, however, were not so thrilled.

I was going through my stack of Southern Accents and pulled a few of my favorite covers. Each of these covers bring back fond memories of the southern cities that I've lived in for the last nine years.



Southern Accents May-June 2000 - The year I quit my day job - yeah!!!!!



Jan - Feb 2001 - One of my all time favorite covers!


Sep - Oct 2005 - Loved this room by Amelia Handegan!



May - June 2005 - Could not resist this one! I'm a big dog person!


March - April 2005 -Can't forget this one by Suzanne Kasler - loved the slipcover!



May - June 2006 - In Nashville when this one arrived! Had the red check fabric myself!






March - April 2007 -Ahhh French!!






May - June 2007 - Absolutely loved this dinning room by Charlotte Moss.






July - August 2008 - Loved getting this out of my mailbox last year in Nashville.



March - April 2008 -And back to Atlanta and one of my all time favorites Partick Dunne!!!

I seem to be missing my 2002 - 2003 issues while I was living in Charleston. Note to self, call movers!!! I'll miss you Southern Accents!!!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am heart broken....I wonder what happened