Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Simple Valentine's Dinner for the Snowed in!


Boy...being snowed in these last couple of days got me thinking.   I had a  delicious  looking risotto that I wanted to try, but after being snowed in I discovered that I was missing  white truffle oil..  How would I ever pull that off?  I even went to go make oatmeal cookies and discovered I was out of one of the main ingredients - brown sugar.  Who runs out of brown sugar?

Note to self - Pick up brown sugar to have on hand for next snow day a couple years from now!

Note to self - Pick up the best quality white truffle oil I can afford!

As I was searching our pantry...here's what came to mind.  White Bean Puree from my favorite book - Great Settings.  With ingredients most of us should have on hand. Perhaps, I better check for sage, Hubby been messing around with my spices!

White Bean Puree

2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Garlic Clove, minced
3 sage leaves, chopped
1 can cannellini beans - Drained
Chicken Stock
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Extra - Virgin Olive Oil for Garnish
Sage Leaves For Garnish

Place the oil and garlic in a skillet and cook over medium heat until the garlic is fragrant.  Add the chopped sage and cook for a minute.  Add the beans and enough stock to barely cover, season to taste with salt and pepper, and bring to a simmer.  Cook for about 10 minutes.  Place in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth.  Spoon the puree out onto a platter, drizzle with olive oil, and garnish with sage leaves.  From "Great Settings"

Now the only thing  you have to do is pop open a bottle of wine--the one thing I make sure we never run out of--and get out your candelabra! 

Happy Valentines!!!

1 comment:

Divine Theatre said...

My husband would love this!
I have brown sugar! It's probably seven years old...but I have it! LOL!
If you have a HomeGoods or a TJ Maxx near you it is the cheapest source that I know of for truffle oil!

Stay Warm!


xo

Andie