Fifteen minutes after Hubby left the house, he was back. I told him to just embrace the days, because we have a ways to go as we sit here waiting to get hit with ice. I just hope he doesn't turn into the guy from the Shining...eeee. Now as I look out the window no rain, no snow, just yet and I can't even get him to out with me to get a cup of hot chocolate.
Five ways to embrace our Brrry Snow Days!
1. Watch the Olympics - I saw the Russia Policemen choir on The Today Show the other morning. Love them...Check them out here. Also, I'm into the ice skating...it's my favorite! Speaking of the Olympics - why is it 60 degrees in Sochi and 30 here in Atlanta? Hmmmm!
2. Make Cookies - When I got home durning our last snow storm at 12:05 in the afternoon", I'm like, what do I do now". Memories of childhood and making chocolate chip cookies popped into my mind. But guess what? No chocolate chips... go figure. Yesterday while at the store I picked up some oatmeal to perhaps make a few cookies. I read once oatmeal cookies are a little better for you. Here's the good old fashion recipes from Quaker Oats with ingredients that most of us keep on hand.
3. Read a good book - With a good cup of hot chocolate. I picked up the "Book Thief" a few weeks ago and have yet to start it. I would like to read the book before I see the movie.
4. Make out your Valentine's Cards - I have a whole pile that I need to address and should pop in the mail ASAP.
5. Getting Organized - I know it's boring but it is a good time to go through files, closets etc. Doing things that I normally don't have time during my regular cleaning day.