Sunday, March 16, 2014

Almost...de Gournay!

My spring cleaning always  seems to have a way of morphing into much bigger things other then just wiping things down with a little  baking soda and vinegar.  You can see what I mean by reading last year's list, "Not Too Late for Some Spring Cleaning".  And I still don't have all that stuff done yet!

I'm sure this year is no different than all the years past but my visions for extending my spring cleaning all started last week.  I started off on a beautiful spring day by reading GBGP's daily blog on de Gournay and Gracie wallpaper--wallpaper that I have only wanted for years now!  I wrote  "One Fine Day - de Gournay!" five years ago, and I'm still not there just yet! Anyway, while reading the  GBGP post it got my juices flowing again.

De-Gournay and Gracie wallpapers are expensive, and I could never afford to do a whole room, or even one wall for that matter!  As the saying goes, "the more things change the more they stay the same".  Case in point - my tiny closet!  The perfect place for wallpaper that I can't afford, plus I've always wanted it there to begin with--my little oasis, if you will!  With spring almost here, I have the huge task of taking out all my winter clothes anyway!  Now there's my opportunity to add wallpaper...Don't you think?


So here's a small backup plan that won't break the bank, and won't take long at all.  Scented drawer liners from Crabtree and Evelyn, which may have to suffice for my closet until that "One Fine Day", and  to give me a little  floral boost that I'm craving now!  Plus it's scented!

No comments: